Skeleton Key Art and Antiques
Covid-19 Note: The Rock Island Artists' Market will look a little different this year due to Covid-19 concerns and restrictions in place regarding the size of events that we are able to hold in Illinois at this time. We will be limiting the number of vendors at each event to allow plenty of space, and we will have assigned spots for participating artists. We will follow Illinois rules for masking as they are in effect the days of the market. Please be patient with us as we "reinvent the wheel" this season. Take care, and thank you for your interest in our Quad City artists!
Join us from 12 -5 pm on June 27th and August 29th for the fifth season of the Rock Island Artists' Market! We are joining forces with Skeleton Key Farmers' Market to bring you a unique market-style shopping opportunity. Buy art directly from the artist who created it, learn about their process, and mix and mingle with neighbors and fellow art lovers. Can you think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?
2021 Rock Island Artists' Market
Information and Applications
2021 Rock Island Artists' Market
Information and Applications
Registration for the 2021 season is now closed.
2021 Rock Island Artists' Market Rules and Regulations
Thank you for your interest in the Rock Island Artists' Market. Our criteria for inclusion is that vendors are local artists and artisans selling their original creations, local growers selling produce and plants, or local food vendors.
Jurying Process: Jurying for acceptance will be made from the completed application and digital images supplied by the artist via their social media accounts or emailed to [email protected] Images should be of work executed in the last three years, and your displays from other shows you've attended. Acceptance will be based on total jury scores.
1. Our 2021 Rock Island Artists’ Market will take place on Sunday, June 27th and August 29th. The market is held at Skeleton Key Art and Antiques, 520 18th Street, Rock Island, IL 61201. The cost is $20 per date. If your application is accepted, you will be sent an invoice for payment based on how many dates you've selected. Payment will be due within five days of when the invoice is sent, either through the online link or by stopping in to pay at Skeleton Key Art and Antiques. If payment isn't received, we will offer the spot to the next artist on the waitlist.
2. The market hours are 12 pm - 5 pm. Vendor set-up is allowed any time after 9 am. Vendors need to be set up and ready to sell by 11:30 am. No vendors will be allowed to begin setting up after 11:30 am. Vehicles must be unloaded and immediately moved from the market lot. Absolutely no vehicles are allowed to stay during the event, with the exception of pre-approved food trucks. Vendors must stay until 5 pm, no early tear downs can be permitted.
3. You will be directed to your assigned space the day of the market. There will be market volunteers to check you in on arrival.
4. Vendors agree to abide by all applicable local and/or state rules and regulations regarding production of goods for sale, packaging, tax collection, etc.
5. All vendors agree to follow Illinois masking requirements as they are written at the time of each event. With the Covid-19 restrictions constantly in flux, we won't know until the day of the market what exactly the current rules will be, but please be prepared to wear a mask when in close contact with anyone outside, and inside the store should you need to enter to use the restroom, etc. These rules are subject to change based on current state guidelines.
6. Other than in cases of inclement weather, all vendors are required to set up under a tent or canopy.
7. Tents, canopies and umbrellas must be anchored down securely at every pole. In cases of windy weather, Skeleton Key Farmers’ Market and Artists’ Market management may require that no tents, etc, be set up.
8. Vendors will provide all of their own equipment, supplies, and any other materials necessary for selling their products including having bags and providing change.
9. Market will be held rain or shine, but please use your own judgment in cases of questionable weather.
10. Vendors will hold harmless the Skeleton Key Farmers’ Market, Skeleton Key Art and Antiques, RI Artists’ Market and the property owners of the Market space and each agencies respective owners and operators. Neither the Skeleton Key Farmers’ Market nor Skeleton Key Art and Antiques nor Rock Island Artists’ Market carry insurance for the Market or any vendors participating in the Market. Vendors are solely responsible for their own insurance.
11. No weapons, drugs, or drug paraphernalia will be allowed on the Market grounds. Anyone violating this rule will be immediately and permanently escorted off the premises.
12. The registration fee is non-refundable for any reason, including, but not limited to, cases of inclement weather or state mandated closings. We purposely charge a low entrance fee, and every dollar goes into marketing the event well in advance of the market dates. Given current conditions there are no guarantees, but we will do our best to deliver an outstanding event for everyone involved.
13. All artwork must be original and created by the artist. Limited edition prints are permitted. Commercial exhibits, items made from kits, and commercially molded articles are not permitted. The Artists’ Market Committee reserves the right to request the removal of any work that differs from these criteria or from the images submitted. Failure to comply will result in immediate expulsion from the event, without refund.
14. By participating in the Artists’ Market, you agree to allow Skeleton Key Art and Antiques and/or Skeleton Key Farmers’ Market and/or RI Artists’ Market to post pictures of you or your products, and/or to use such photos for marketing.
15. Please address any questions, concerns or ideas to Brandy VandeWalle, 309-314-1567, owner of Skeleton Key Art and Antiques and Skeleton Key Farmers’ Market.