Skeleton Key Art and Antiques
Art, Antiques, Crafts and Unique
Join us from 12 -5 pm on Sunday, June 11th, July 9th, August 13th, September 10th, and October 8th for the seventh season of the Rock Island Artists' Market! Buy art directly from the artist who created it, learn about their process, and mix and mingle with neighbors and fellow art lovers. Can you think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon?
Interested in selling at our market - read on! The link to the application can be found at the bottom of the page.
2023 Rock Island Artists' Market
Vendor Information and Application
Thank you for your interest in the Rock Island Artists' Market. Our criteria for inclusion is that vendors are local artists and artisans selling their original creations, local growers selling produce and plants, or local food vendors.
Jurying Process: Jurying for acceptance will be made from the completed application and digital images supplied by the artist. Images should be of work executed in the last three years and displays from other shows you've vended. Acceptance will be based on total jury scores.
1. Our 2023 market dates are Sunday, June 11th, July 9th, August 13th, September 10th, and October 8th. The market is held at Skeleton Key Art and Antiques, 520 18th Street, Rock Island, IL 61201. The cost is $200 for the season, or $50 per date. Payment is due with application. If we are not able to include you in the market this season your payment will be refunded in full.
2. The market hours are 12 pm - 5 pm. Vendor set-up is allowed any time after 9 am. Vendors need to be set up and ready to sell by 11:30 am. No vendors will be allowed to begin setting up after 11:30 am. Vehicles must be unloaded and immediately moved from the market lot. Absolutely no vehicles are allowed to stay during the event, except for pre-approved food trucks. Vendors must stay until 5 pm, no early tear downs can be permitted.
3. You will be directed to your assigned space the day of the market. There will be market volunteers to check you in on arrival.
4. Vendors agree to abide by all applicable local and/or state rules and regulations regarding production of goods for sale, packaging, tax collection, etc.
5. Other than in cases of inclement weather, all vendors are required to set up under a tent or canopy. Tents can be any size between 8’x8’ and 12’x12’. Tents, canopies and umbrellas must be anchored down securely at every pole. In cases of windy weather, Artists’ Market management may require that no tents be set up.
6. Vendors will provide all equipment, supplies, and other materials necessary for selling their products including having bags and providing change.
7. Market will be held rain or shine, but please use your own judgment in cases of questionable weather.
8. Vendors will hold harmless Skeleton Key Art and Antiques, Rock Island Artists’ Market and the property owners of the market space and each agencies respective owners and operators. Neither Skeleton Key Art and Antiques nor Rock Island Artists’ Market carry insurance for the Market or any vendors participating in the Market. Vendors are solely responsible for their own insurance.
9. No weapons, drugs, or drug paraphernalia will be allowed on the Market grounds. Anyone violating this rule will be immediately and permanently escorted off the premises.
10. The registration fee is non-refundable for any reason, including, but not limited to, cases of inclement weather or state mandated closings.
11. All artwork must be original and created by the artist. Limited edition prints are permitted. Commercial exhibits, items made from kits, and commercially molded articles are not permitted. The Artists’ Market management reserves the right to request the removal of any work that differs from these criteria or from the images submitted. Failure to comply will result in immediate expulsion from the event, without refund.
12. By participating in the Artists’ Market you agree to allow Skeleton Key Art and Antiques and/or Rock Island Artists’ Market to post pictures of you or your products, and/or to use such photos for marketing.
13. Please address any questions, concerns or ideas to Brandy VandeWalle, 309-314-1567.